Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 3

9:00am
I fell asleep the minute my head hit the pillow and didn’t wake up until the aroma of coffee reached my bedroom this morning. Breakfast in this Beach house is equally as nutty as ours, but just as lovely. Today is the baby shower for Myla and Melissa which I’ve been invited to. Both Aunt Blondie and Myla’s other Grandmother are from big Italian families so there’s bound to be a ton of great food and laughs. I’m happy to join in the “girl time” while the boys hang out.

5:00pm
We’re just getting back from the baby shower. What a gong show! It was crazy!!! So loud that my ears are still ringing and I can’t believe Myla is still in one piece after the pinching, kissing and hugging she got from 40+ women! I think Melissa is probably on her way home to bath away the layers of perfume, lipstick and sandwich leftovers !
It was a lot of fun, but I’m pooped and glad to be back at the Beach house.

7:00pm
I finally get the chance to write and re-connect with friends and family and the internet connection is down. I’m definitely starting to feel the distance. Especially since tomorrow morning we’re leaving for Winnipeg and not turning back.
It weird, but this is the first I’m feeling “cold feet”. Actually – not cold – just cool. Uncertain more than scared, but I’ve been there before – I can do it.

9:00pm
Dad, Uncle Tim, Aunt Blondie and her sister are at a Trailer Park Boys show. They won’t be getting home until late. I’m going to read for a bit and then head to bed because I’m pretty sure I’ll be driving the first shift tomorrow ;)

1 comment:

  1. Darn right you can do it girl! Life is an adventure and you are one of the most adventurous people I know.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.